Pod Your Reef

why do my zoos stand up like yellow polyps?

mxpro32

my zoos dont look like the other zoos ive seen. they stand up at different heights like yellow polyps do. they dont form a flat mat like all the other zoos ive seen. they are orange centered with purple and green. what gives?

some of mine do that also, i know they're getting enough light (right near top of water) so they must just be that way. I think that sometimes you see them and they're so thick they look like they are flush with the rock, but you cant see that they really protrude out quite a bit because the heads hide the foot (make sense?)

I recently experimented with some of my zoos lately, putting them in 18W light to see how they'd react. after 10 days, each polyp developed a long 'stalk', as if reaching up toward the light. The stalks were sort of opaque-looking.

After placing them back in my 72W tank, the stalks shrank after two days, and they looked normal again.

hmm i was kinda thinking maybe it was due to not enough light but i have 64w over my 7 gallon. they are at the bottom but i would still think that would be enough.

Archived