Coral Vue Hydros

Helios ballast help

jdiver

I have a 110w (2 x 55w) Helios PC light on one of my tanks, and the ballast has crapped out on me. (I know it's the ballast because I connected another one, that I have since had to give back, and it worked.) Does anyone happen to know where I can find a new ballast and how much it might cost? I've searched the web and sites I know, but no luck thus far. Would it be possible to use another ballast other than a Helios one? If so, which ones would work? Thanks.

lucky for you, helios uses external ballasts on their hoods (the reason why you don't have fans). do what dattack said and just go pick up a new one. should be easy enough ;)

dattack- Thanks for the info. I like the sound of only $20-$25!

adinsxq- When I hear the phrase "should be easy enough," it usually results in a string of profanity at best, and a trip to the ER at worst. :D

Originally posted by jdiver

adinsxq- When I hear the phrase "should be easy enough," it usually results in a string of profanity at best, and a trip to the ER at worst. :D

haha yeah X) . you could always gut the hood and get a brand new complete retrofit (endcaps already connected to the ballast and power cord etc) but that's be 2-4 times the cost of just replacing the ballast.

cmore..... you..... need..... medication ( :D j/k buddy)

Archived