Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ID. Possible Tunicate

Diatome

Anyone have any ideas. Popped up in my older tank (12 Gallon Nano Cube). The green spot is just coralline. It's a very shiny color and it grew very quickly to this size but has changed little except for new pieces branching out.

Of course it could just be a big Macro Algae. It is about 6 inches by 4 inches all together. Here is how it got its start.

i thought you were talking about the red mass in the middle of those leaves (red macroalgae).

the center thingy looks like a separate piece with coralline ridges growing imo. could just be another 'leaf' of the algae though for all i know.

Just red macroalgae, silly. :) Very pretty...I like the iridescent shine. We have stuff like that around here, but it's coldwater and just dies in tropical tanks.

Thanks. It had a few holes like the tunicates I have but just grows too fast for such a thing. It actually is really great under the 50/50 lights. The center mass is pretty much the original piece that has formed a slight doem and now there are the few big branches you see and about 20 smaller ones now appearing. Wouldlook better in my 37 but I have no place to put it without it shading something in that one. Funny it popped out after 6 months in that tank.

Archived