Coral Vue Hydros

3x 400w mh too much for 125?

jovis67

first off i know that this isnt in the right place but i didnt know where to put it.

ok im woundering if 3 4oo watt mh's would be too much light for a 125 gallon tank?

it will be a n Acropora tank but it still sems like a lot of light should i step it dont to say 250 or 175

thanks

i think 3 400watters would be awesome over a 125. they would provide really nice light and you could keep all sort of softies, lps and sps (or just sps if you want to, but i like tanks with all sorts of corals) throw in a few clams and you got yourself one monkey spankin tank;)

well it all depends on how much electricity it is. Go fetch one of your old bills... their should be formula on it.. its like wattage x amount of time run = killowatt hours... killowatt hours x price per kwh= cost... or somethin like that

Here's my Energy Calculator. You'll need to find out how much you pay per kwh to get a good estimate.

Don't forget that not only will you be paying for the cost of 1200W's of lighting, the added heat into your house will also cause your air conditioner to work that much harder.

<<<<<<< Only pays $0.045/Kwh..... hehehe... I'd go with the 250s, still lots of light as long as you don't have them to high from the top of the tank.

Archived