inTank Media Baskets

whats the best filter for a nano

eha1322

oscar/ross,

imo there will come the day when wc's are optional too. i'm already seeing the rumblings of that storm in the distance. :

oh, what a glorious flame-war that will be! :D i'm already getting prepared for the maelstrom and fallout. X)

same here for the other choices tho-LR/LS.

hob-wise i'd go with hagen (power filter) and prizm (skimmer)

Depends on what your looking for. What results do you want? Mechanica, or biological?

If all you want is biological - then Live Rock is pretty much the standard way to go about it.

If you want mechanical - wich isn't essential necessary, but can be handy - then this is where you want to go shopping. For a nano - they'll all work - so pick the one that best fits your tank/the look you are going for. - the ones that hangon - create a little more evaporation, and you can hear the spillover. The fully submurgible ones, the oposite, but they may look ugly in your tank..

Well I'd agree with....well everyone here:D

I've had on my 12, a 10g fuge then removed and used just two PH's. Then added a aquaclear 200 with no media, then with carbon, and now as a temporary hold I've got some macro algae, till I can get my HOB fuge built. NOW......i'm planning to add a skimmer! Hopefully a fuge and skimmer will be the only thing I want.

It's a good thingI haven't lost any coral or live stock (knock on wood). This usually happens when you read all the post and get new ideas, and try to mimic other sucessfull reefers out there.

In short, there really isn't a tested and tried method other than experimenting and seeing what works for you and your coral. Read alot!

And I would have to agree with Tiny, someday.......water changes won't have to be done every week or whatever it may be. Who knows????

I recently bought the Tetratec 150-you know the one with th eoptional built in heater. The only reason why I got it was due to the recommendation from my not so local lfs and the fact that the heater is out of the display. I REGRET THE PURCHASE. It was pricey, does not give me the flow that an Aquaclear would have, too wide-not as sleek as an aquaclear, and the up and down rising of water in the living chamber needs constant adjustment.

Any one want to buy it though-only used it for 2 weeks and have the original packaging-heck I still have the $10 rebate form good thru 12/31. Cant say Im not an honest seller. There are those that have this and are using it well-I just wish I went withAquaclear.

Archived