inTank Media Baskets

Lighting upgrade 6gal nano question

diverrk

Ok I looked at most of the mods here and will be probably doing one myself,I've seen the pics of the hoods, but I was wondering what you guys have done with the parts removed from the hood (Ballast, Powersupply, circuitboard )

My tank will be sitting on a pedestal stand with no compartments. I was thinking of extending all the wires long enough to reach the floor and go under a China Cabinet, put the wires in a split wire loom and mount the ballasts and others stuff on a board.

Show me pics or tell me :)

Thanks

Rich K

I removed the power supply (trash the power supply) & circuit board completely and remotely mounted the ballast(s). I’m using old 9-volt phone charger power converters for the low voltage fans & lights. You can run your low voltage power thru the circuit board to keep the switch function on the moon lights. The ballast to light wires need extended to do a remote ballast, so you can put the ballast anywhere you like, just make sure it's a dry location. I installed a male plug to the ballast and pluged it into my timer, so the switch function does not work the main lights on my tank.

fullshotopen.jpg

Archived