inTank Media Baskets

My Nano-Reef (New Pic)

Sahin

Here is a shot of my tank as it is today.

Only got one pic, d*mn Canon A20 Digital camera eats batteries!

Anyway, here it is:

Reef.jpg

Looks great!  Is that a red Fromia starfish?  Anyway, your live rock looks really nice, that coralline should start spreading quickly as long as you keep the Ca  up.  :)

Yup, that is.

I dont know why he is spending his time near the top edge of the tank.  I bough him yesterday and the others in the LFS were also doing the same thing...I thought they hang around at substrate level?

Though early this morning he was walking around the rocks etc.

I got the LR from my LFS.

I frequented the two stores many times before I actually bought the rocks.

I bought them at £10.95 per kilo ($16 US, about $7US per pound). They were cured already.

Most pieces are fully covered with coralline algae, but I selected a few other pieces that were better shped etc and these didnt have much coralline algae.

There is a lot of life on those rocks, worms, critters, feather dusters, sponges, mushroom corals, cabbage corals etc.

By and large the rocks were worth the price. They were cured already and are of very good quality.

I kinda wouldnt trust mail order live-stock.

I have to see what I am getting before I pay for it.

that star is cool.  too bad the majority of them aren't reef safe.  have to be my favorite non reef safe animals, even though yours is safe.  nice tank..

Sahin, my red Fromia would do the same thing at times.  Other times it would be very active, running circles around the tank a few times a day.  It was rarely on the sand bed.

Archived