Top Shelf Aquatics

mystery crab--what?

Mummer

I apologize that I could not get any kind of legible picture of this little critter. He is very small..smaller than a pom pom crab...and is all white with a slightly translucent appearance. He was under a piece of live rock that was moved from one tank to another. Maybe a freshly molted something?

sir winston mulligan

just to clarify we are talk about a lil white translusent crab or a mystery creature that kinda resembles a crab but could a molt from something else?

I think that level of uncertainty accurately reflects the situation. The only thing I know for certain is that it is a live creature that looks like a very small crab. If it is a creature that has molted, it was a creature I did not know was in the tank. I will try to figure a way to get a pic up here....

I JUST FOUND A LITTLE WHITE CRAB IN MY TANK, TOO!

I was just going to post and I saw this thread. Unfortunately I do not have a pic yet either, but I'll try for tonight.

I realized what I saw was only his shell, he molted.

He's about half the size of a dime (very small), with little hairs (almost fuzzy appearence) all over his body. Both claws appear the same size, and are a red/brown color (near the arms) with white tips at the end of the claws. The whole body (including legs) resembles an emerald crab, IMO.

Any ideas? I'll post pics as soon as I can.

BTW: It has only been a month since I (setup) put LR in my tank, I'm assuming he was a smaller hitchicker on those rocks, as I've never seen him.

Archived