Coral Vue Hydros

The long wait...

Chromis

Added water to my tank on 10/10/2002. I added seed live sand on 10/22/2002. I added 20 lbs. of liverock on 10/31/2002.

I have attached a chart with tests results on different dates. It appears to me that I have been close to "done" for some time but just can't get over that hump with the Nitrite at 0.02 and now just today it seems my Nitrites spiked to 0.05.

Am I doing something wrong? All the hitchhikers and clean up crew are doing just fine and I don't really feed the tank. I've got 3 square inches of yellow encrusting sponge growing out of no where. Red, Purple, and Pink coralline showing up everywhere, so you'd think everything is great!

Does this mean it is time to break down and by a Bak-Pak?

Have you tested it with another kit to make sure your not getting a false reading? You may not have cleaned the test tube as well either.

I wouldn't think this is any reason to "break down" and buy a skimmer. Test it with another kit to check your current reading but I believe the tank is cycled.

Cameron

I think the tank is fine man. The test kit will never read exactly 0. It was successful in showing you when the spike occured, and now its showing you that the spike is over and done with. I'd say you're good to go.

Archived