Coral Vue Hydros

Small, smooth, black worms?

Sean_Buckley

Sean_Buckley

Sorry, I need ANOTHER ID...I was looking today and saw a bunch (meaning about 10 or so) of small little black worms on my substrate. They ranged in size from about 3-5 mm in length, and weren't hairy or anything, very smooth. They moved back into the sand after a bit. What would these be? I would do a seach here or on Google or somewhere, but I don't know what to put besides 'worms' or 'black worms' and any post with worms or black in it comes up. Thanks!

Sean

Type "black worms", in quotes as I have--that makes it only take pages with black followed by worms.. Add reef aquaria or something along those lines to limit it to reefing.

Sean_Buckley

Argh, sometimes I hate the internet. Most of the pages I've seen are about something to do with the Men in Black movies or feeding blackworms. I've seen several posts on here wanting an ID to something that sounds quite similar to what I've got, but there's no positive ID's yet...

Sean

That's why you should make this your search query:

"black worms" reef ID

Or something along those lines. Note the quotes around BW.

Sean_Buckley

I did that, but still, I got any site with "black worms" or reef in it. This means any site with the word 'reef' or 'ID' in it came up, and putting these and "black worms" in quotation marks didn't help any either, because many fish keepers (fresh and marine) feed their fish black worms (or blackworms). Thanks anyway though, I appreciate your taking the time to try to help me (it's the internet's extensive information that is at fault, I think). BTW, that wasn't sarcasm. I would actually like to send out a public 'thank you' to Caesar777, who has replied at least once in almost all of my posts inquiring about something, and has been very helpful every time!

Sean

Archived