Cultivated Reef

Gray rod-like things in cycling tank

JazzcatCB

Sorry about the duplicate posts, but it appears that my pic did not get attached in the first one, and the board would not let me delete it.

I saw these things in my previous tank when it was cycling too. Anyone know what they are? (Pic attached)

Very blurry pic...Do they move? Could be skinny peanut worms, or maybe tiny featherduster tubes.

Originally posted by Caesar777

Very blurry pic...Do they move? Could be skinny peanut worms, or maybe tiny featherduster tubes.

The pics not too great, but they look pretty much like that: non-descript, gray rod-like things. No, they do not move. The are inert. They look like waste products, except that I don't have anything live in the tank (certainly nothing that large!) They are about 3/4" long.

Try blowing them off w/ a turkey baster or a pipette. I have to blow things like this off of my SPS all the time, especially my monti caps. :

Yeah.... People (including me :blush: ) forget that our critters POOP a lot. Shrimp, hermits, snails, etc. all leave little deals like this on the rocks and sand...One o' those things.

Archived