Top Shelf Aquatics

Photos of my 12g DX - 7 weeks old

JD Nano

Hello everyone. I have had my 12g up for 7 weeks and over the last 2 weeks I have finally started to add some corals and I added a maroon clown. Let me know what you think or what else I can get that might look good as this is definitely still a work in progress.

Week7c.jpg

Week7d.jpg

Week7g.jpg

Week7m.jpg

The live rock looks to be of high quality, with good coverage of coralline.

I like the open layout with sand between the rocks,

looks like real reef fringe areas you would see while diving.

JD,

Very nice nano. I also like the seperation in the LR. The cave on the right is cool too. LR setup is the hardest part of reefing for me. From the looks of the tank you don't have any problems with that!;)

Not to burst any bubbles since I don't know exactly what your overall plan is for the tank... but I'd be very conscious about how much you add to the tank (fish, corals and rock) with that Maroon in there. It's going to need all the room it can get plus some for room to swim... not to mention they are much more terratorial than other clowns. Those things get to be quite large and it's probably not a real great choice for a 12g nano. Then again, if you plan on catching it down the road and selling, trading, or giving it away you'll probably be okay. Just a thought.

Looks good love how you set up the rock. I have to agree with Nickeleye about the maroon clown I gave one away that was to big for 29 gal with the other fish in there and they can be very territorial

Archived