inTank Media Baskets

Please Identify this coral for me...

Sahin

Here is the pic, please identify for me.

I would rather like the scientific name than the common name if possible.  Thanks.Reef003.jpg

Look like Brown stars  to me. Close to the same thing, and it depends on what lighting and conditions they are under. HTH,

gaber

p.s. looks nice :-

Guest AbSoluTc

Brown star polyps, get them off any rock that you want to keep!  They will take over their surrounding quite fast and choke out alot of things!

great pic's!!!

heard they are like apitasias....

I have to get one of these!!! :1devil:

(you know I like apitasias... :rolleyes: )

(Edited by devil at 1:42 pm on June 1, 2002)

For a species like that, could you place it on its own "rock island"?  Would it spread across the substrate, or would that isolate it?

I read somewhere that they can grow across the sand, even PVC pipes.  I think as long as it was kept in control, it would be fine.  Plus my LFS said I can sell them larger bits back whenever I want to.

you can tear off pieces of the base, and frag them to other rocks.  then trade those off for different stuff.  they do grow fast, but that makes them fun to have imo.  every day you should see some new growths.  good indicator of your tanks health imo.  i have 3 types of polyps in my tank.  you can even put some of the base on the glass, and have them cover that.  make a nice background too.  

Archived