Innovative Marine Aquariums

Modding the feeding lid

Echo

I was wondering since there is lots of talk about heating issues with cubes, has anyone modded the feeding lid area of the hood? Some people mention leaving it open to cool of the tank but what about drilling holes or slots in it so you could leave it down? Or maybe even mount a fan in that section. Anyone done things like this? Photos?

shao-lin nano

I'm thinking of putting a fan and a switch in the feeding lid. I helped pochiePooh wire up a switch to a fan already mounted to a hole cut out. I did take a pic of it but cant find it right now...

Hey pochie, post a pic of your lid if you see this.

Sparkling_Surfer

This "net" is made out of metal mesh...it slopes down on the sides so the whole hood is slanted. I should have taken a picture of the side-- of course I don't have a digital camera with me at school right now. This easy mod kept my temperatures down by at least 2 degrees coupled with a fan blowing on the outside of the glass.

9dbd2159.jpg

shao-lin nano

Probably not...if you've ever tried just leaving the feeding lid up and check the effectiveness and was not happy with it then just drilling holes in it will be even less effective.

Archived