Innovative Marine Aquariums

NC12 Delux Refuge

CodeToad

I don't know a thing about the Nano Cube setups but I am thinking of picking up the NC12 delux. I plan on tossing whatever filtration is back there (bioballs?) and putting some chateo there instead.

For those of you that have them, does enough light bleed to the back compartment to grow some macro?

I tried the LED Fuge Light setup, my chaeto crashed after about 4 weeks. I built my own protein skimmer for Chamber 2 of my NC24DF. I like the skimmer MUCH better. You can see that it is working (skimmate output), and my water is the cleanest it's ever been.

Yeah I don't think I want to do a LED fuge light... I saw some folks doing a submersible light, how is that working? I figure I may do a lil DIY skimmer too down the road, but I like to have a refuge as well...

As of right now I think my refuge is going great. I took the idea from SteelHealer so I have to give him credit but i placed mine in the first compartment. Mine is a little different though in the fact that I made a "rack" to place everything on. I have a bag of chemi-pure and a bag of purigen in there on top of some pvc and eggcrate stuff... Then I have some more pvc and another layer of the eggcrate to hold some LR rubble and my chaeto and then the submersible light is right above that. Works well so far.

I removed the black vinyl from the back of the tank on chamber 2. And sat a palm light behind the tank. You dont have to worry about extra heat, and the cheato gets light all the way at the bottom.

shao-lin nano

I did the same thing Bobalouy did. Just cut a rectangle out of the black sticky paper with a razor and peel away. I'm using a 13W 6500K PC bulb to light things up in the back.

On my 12og i put a 9W PC (daylight) over the chambers and my macro is doing fine. i've had it set up like this for like a month or two. my tank's never been cleaner. since my shrimp and snails do such a good job at cleaning, and the macro being in there instead of media, i don't have to clean my tank. all i have to do is feed and dose the tank as needed.

Archived