Innovative Marine Aquariums

Berlin AirLift vs CoraLife SuperSkimmer

Duce

i have the berlin and lee's (similar to the coralife). the berlin is ruggedly made but maintenance is a PITA. it's definitely the better imo. i like the small diameters of the coralife and lee's tho (fit into the refugium). you can get two of the coralife for one berlin $-wise.

Yeah the berlin in definitely a pain to break apart and clean. buuuut I like it very much. I have the in sump version for my 65 and it gives me nice dry foam. Just make sure you have good access to the venturi valve. I remodeled my sump and forgot about the valve. So now I have to reach around from the back of the canopy to adjust: yeah I know im stupid

the "airlifts" are a cheap air pump driven in tank skimmer. the only thing it has in common with your venturi is the name berlin and the brand name. that said...i've had good success with the smaller airlift 60 in a ten. don't need much of a air pump-but even smaller ones can be annoyingly loud. change your limewood airstone once a month, should work for a smallish tank but no where near the manufacturers recommendations! the airlift 90's (i believe you can remove one "riser column" to make them shorter like the 60s-maybe) were on clearance at petco last i checked for $15 (at least up here on the tundra)! HTH

Archived