Coral Vue Hydros

Hellllllp!

JLB

:o Hi all. I have finally got my live rock (premium fiji) in my tank and it looks great. It has so much different life forms on it already within one day i cant wait to see it after a few months. My question is, i was just checking my thermometer when i noticed this kind of centerpede resting on top of a peice of rock. I took a closer look but could not see it properly, it was about 3-4 inches long. i waited for my lights to come on the timmer to get a pick of it. As soon as the lights came on it shot of behind the rock at such a speed it was unbelievable. I have not seen it any more, as soon as i can get a pic ill post it but would like to hear your opinions intill then, thanks.:)

Bristleworm of some kind... Could have been a fireworm, but odds are it wasn't. Pic would be great.

Most of the common bristleworms are basically the best "clean-up crew" for a tank. Some types are predatory though and will cause problems, luckily, these aren't as commonly seen.

Reef_Mad_Man

If it was "oil slick" redish brown in coloration and truely resembled a centipede it was not a bristle worm. I forget the name here guys so help me out.

It has som ewhat of an armoured body with a freaky looking head and anteni. Looks dead on a centipede other wise.

They EAT zoanthids and other soft corals.

Regular peach-colored (sometimes gray) bristleworms are reef-safe, and are excellent detritivores. Fireworms are bad, coral- and fish-eaters. See RMM's post above. Eunicid worm is the bad one, but they're uncommon to find.

Ok. Like i said i could not really see the colour of it or the body exactly but what i could make out is it looked like a centerpede. Im gonna keep an eye on it to get a pic for you all. So if its a bristle worm there good to have around.

Reef_Mad_Man

Thats the one I was trying to remeber the name of!

Head thewarnig and get it out asap!

I have on ein my ric tank I cant catch!! YIKES!!

It realy is incradibly fast! I cant snap a pick of it either.

I have tried baited traps to no avail but hermits hanging around it!

Any advice for removal Daemonfly?

Archived