Top Shelf Aquatics

My New Dwarf Seahorses!

Reef_Mad_Man

Reef_Mad_Man

Got 7 total and one pipefish which was thrown in by accident I assume?

They look dead on macro algae so it was probably hard for him to tell.

Here are just 3 of the seahorses. Cant get a good pic of the rest yet. They are in hiding still. CORECTION!! THERE ARE 9 DWARFS and 1 PIPE FISH!! LOL!! There were hiding in the macro algae they were shipped with. LOL!!

Dsc05088.jpg

Let splay find the pipe fish! LOL! HINT: he is green with white bands.

Dsc05085.jpg

Dsc05084.jpg

Fishfreak218

what do you feed them (live brine) i hear they are really hard to keep..i (and my parents of coarse) considered having someone come in and set up and mantain a seahorse tank for me..but i dont know what i want to do yet

Don't do seahorses yet....Wait till you have more experience with saltwater. Dwarves, especially, need food to be constantly hatched and given to them. Can't eat frozen, just won't, and nothing frozen is small enough anyway. LOTS of daily care, as with any other seahorse or pipefish (sygnathids, we call 'em).

Wow, what kinda price on 50 rics?! I'll bet he gave you a good deal--he loves to do that. Cool guy.

Reef_Mad_Man

The price I paid on the rics is confidential. ;) I dont want to spoil Danas market on them. I have known Dana for many years hence the great deals I get, you know "the friend prices" LOL!

They are in my 29g reef and a 10g frag/ric grow out tank. AND in my 20 long frag/ grow out tank.

I have around 200 total ricordea! LOL! I am a ricordea maniac!

Here are som epics of my grow out tanks. (I usualy dont keeep them all for long as I supply two shops here localy with what I grow out. I do this to supliment running and maintenance costs on my reef's. Works out prety wel for me that way too. I can get my hands on pretty much anything I want in trade for them. ;)

Little algae and camera focus/backlighting problems so please bear with me.......... Most of my rics came out looking all green but they arent, its this crapola cammy!I am stuck with only paint shop pro6 to try and straighten it up some but we all know how crappy that program is!!!

There are green with purple rims, aqua greens, true blues, hot pinks, hot orange, GOLDEN, yellows, orange with blue, orange with pink, you name the colors I have it.

10g2rics.jpg

10grictank.jpg

29g (half tank sho tonly! My camera craped out on me before I could shoot the other half . this camera is beginning to suck royaly! wont focus , colors are way off.......

Dsc05097.jpg

Reef_Mad_Man

BK what in the heck are you talking about man? My background?

You had better look again homie! LOL!!!

The only thing in there other than dwarf seahorse's are astrea snail's, macro algae and one small pipe fish.

The rics are in a totaly different system.

SOoo...Yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaah...your wrong. LOL!!!

Here is the seahorse tank.

Dsc05127.jpg

I apreciate constructive advice and needed warnings, but I detest it when some one automaticly assumes the owner of somthing delicate, and hard to keep knows nothing about them. ;)

I have been keeping dwarf seahorses since the 70's.

In fact I got started at 8 years old when I ordered my 1st trio from an add in DC comics. (sargeant slaughter issue 1979).

Archived