inTank Media Baskets

Will pay you to make impossible skimmer!

Mummer

I'm probably tilting at windmills here, but I would like to commission a protein skimmer that can be placed inside chamber two of the Nano Cube 12 DX without modification to the hood. I am willing to pay someone with decent DIY abilities to design and build such a thing, if it is even possible. My crazy concept is a kind of hang on design on an ultra nano scale, that could perhaps be hung on the dividing wall between chambers two and three, dumping the skimmed water into chamber three over the top of the dividing wall.

Anyone who thinks they can do this based on my idea or any other, let me know. I'll make it worth your while!

This might give you some ideas... It's a bit larger than a 12 gallon nano, but if you can fit a tube and a small pump in there it can be done. DSCN0911.jpg

The small red piece on the left hand side of the divider is adjustable up and down to control the water level in section 1 which allows you to wet/dry skim the tank. I don't know what the dimensions of the 12 are, but if you can post the dimensions (of the back area) and pics of the back of the tank I'll see what I can come up with. :)

I believe CK and sNIERBO are in the process of doing just that mummer. If you have something else in mind make a sketch and maybe I can help you with the design.

Bob

Archived