Innovative Marine Aquariums

adding an extra 24w to my dx

zoos

Im in the process of adding an extra 24w bulb to my dx and im not sure exactly what needs to be done. Do i have to bend or cut the reflector? Will i have to move the 2 stock bulbs? Any help or pictures are appreciated...

Ross

I just did this yesterday, and i knew i should have documented it! Okay bare with me. Yes, you will need to bend and cut the reflector. I left my stock bulbs the way they were. Also you will need to cut the two black wires going into the hood(on the inside). If you dont, they are like 5" long so they will crammed a weird way. I left about an 1", you'll see what I mean. And you need to put them back the way they were. A good tip is when you cut the two wires in the hood, leave them attached, and take'em one by one, so you can put them together easier. Good luck!

Mark

Thanks mark

So is the extra bulb still above the reflector or is the reflector just gone where the 3rd bulb is?

PS this is ross from finaddict. Im sure we've met before. Hopefully we can some money back from those zoos.

If you bend the reflector flat and cut about half an inch, It should fit on the refletor. I put the new bulb in the middle because its an actinic bulb. so its a 50/50, then actinic, then 50/50.

Alright, i got the reflector bent and cut otu places where they needed to be. I cut holes in it where the 2 wires from the switch on the moonlights are and the capacitator for the moonlights. I dont know if that was necessary but i did it.... Will i need to cut that peg that helps hold the reflector in? How much of an angle did you bend the refector? yours looks pretty flat.

Archived