Coral Vue Hydros

.1 gallon acrylic pico

Styxnpicks

Originally posted by jmorris

For your circulation, I've got two words for you: Aqua Lifter

Jared

houston we have a winner!!!! now I just need to order one, but I really don't since I didn't plan on spending a CENT on the little tank, I had everything laying around already. so far so good, top off three times a day is a little anoying but i have to tap on the sides of my phyto culture bottles like 6 times a day to keep everything from building up on the sides so 5 seconds to top of three times a day is nothing

ugh, got some news, I came back from the bahamas last night and found that my mom was only toping off the water in my pico and not changing it daily like I had been doing, "ya somethings wrong with that one it smells funny" ugh, at least my 10g and 40g are still alive and well with no losses, I shoulda told her that the water needed to be changed daily in the pico but I figured she would do it since she saw me do it twice a day for a week and a half.

EPICTANKHERE

i am inspired want one for my work desk. Thinkinking about going all out and sparing no expense. Meaning leds and that cool pump. Do you think it could survive a weekend without topoffs or water changes or would evap way to quick?i could maybe hide a sump in a 1 g water jug under the desk. How does that pump work? with one could i draw water from the pico to a sump then back to the pico?

Pico tanks require constant attention. Daily, at least. I took my down because it became more trouble than it was worth.

If you want to do one, I'd reccomend no smaller than 2ga.

A 2.5ga w/ a HOB and a 13w PC would be more than enough to keep softies, etc.

EPICTANKHERE

i might be able to have a 2 gallon sump. under my desk with cheato and more LR. If i can design a 0.3-0.5g tank with a mini overflow and use that aqua lifter for a return via air hoses. i know this sounds pointless more for just the challenge than anything. would put a baby baby hermit, some zooa (like 3) maybe a baby mushroom. i would have to be able to leave the tank for the weekend. possible now?

this pico required daily 20 ml waterchanges and top off three times a day. my mom was only topping it off once a day and didn't change the water once while I was gone

Archived