SaltCritters.com

Tank Moved - New Pics, New Scape. No Damned Baby and too much free time.

Crakeur

Ok, here's the new set-up. It looks real nice in the corner but now I have to use the jalli 13w on the fuge rather than rely on sunlight. This guarantees an overheated tank so the jalli goes on for 3 hours during the night, when the other lights are off.

Here's my montipora cap frag. This one broke when it was delivered and I had attached this piece to the outflow tube of my refugium. The small piece died in the transfer. Well, actually it got crushed when I dropped a rock on it. This piece seems to be doing nicely. Hopefully it will get it's army green color back. The out rim is a purplish color normally.

This is a nice shot of my fighting conch. Poor thing needs a hair cut but I kinda like the angela davis afro it is sporting. The snail on the glass is either a hitchhiker or an offspring. I tend to go with the latter as I have snails of all sized in my tank now and I kind of remember hearing Barry White coming from the tank a little while back.

Why is this pic here? If you look in the center of the tank, on the bottom of the left side, you will see one of Satchmo's xenia frags. Unfortunately, I cannot get to the xenia without taking apart the whole shebang so I am leaving it as it is. It seems to be doing ok given the circumstances.

I went to New World Aquarium this afternoon to return something that my secretary picked up for me (sealant rather than epoxy). Anyway, I hate the store and I hate the owner even more. Fortunately, when I got there the guy who maintains my father's office tank was working and this was a freebie that he wrapped up for me.

In case anyone in the NYC vicinity is interested, NWA has 20 dollar acro frags. Nice price given that the rest of the store is insanely overpriced.

a blurry shot of one of my polyp colonies. These all came from two small polyps "lifted" from my dad's home reef. So glad I got him to start a tank there.

My best colony of Zoos. This one started as a smaller colony that I picked up at the logical reef. (feel free to send more or some funky colored ricordia Bry, more frags coming your way as well).

This shot disproves my theory that my hermits are all useless. Believe it or not, this fella is trimming some hair algae. Unfortunately, this guy got too big and I might have to banish him soon.

This is the last shot of the new acro. I do have two others (one died in the move). One of the other ones is red and has decent poyps extension and the other one was purple tipped with green polyps but it suddenly turned mostly white. Not sure if it is going to come back or not but the polyps are all out and it is looking healthy, other than the almost all white appearance.

Why is he showing us another shot of his blastomussa? One that isn't even as good as the one in his last thread? Because my purple lobster is making an appearance in this shot.

Nope. While I have heard of false labor, I have never heard of false inducing. Wife's high blood pressure is apparently only high when she is in the doctor's office. Full night in the hospital and they had to let us leave.

Doc said she would like to induce next week if all is still the same.

Originally posted by Crakeur

In case anyone in the NYC vicinity is interested, NWA has 20 dollar acro frags.  Nice price given that the rest of the store is insanely overpriced.

But I thought NWA was comming straight outta compton? but serioously folks, I have got to make an order to logical reefer. his product is definatly the the "premo-######." How do you get your secretary to buy stuff for you at the LFS? I mean my dad got in trouble for comming on to his secretary. I always thpought that was part of the job discription. Next thing you know women will want the right to vote. that'll be the day. This is a crazy world we is living in.

I mean women's got way too many rights as it is. I think they should make it illegal for women to be in a jury if they is expiriencing there 'time of the month.' Cause they get all upset about everything durring the crimson tide. That's the real reason they is killing all the retards in texas, it's cause the jury had all these ####ed off *****es, and they probably got the rest of the jury ####ed off will they was 'liberating till everyone wanted to kill the retard.

Don't think that I is against women, cause I is not. I saw this guy slap his wife on the street. I said that was a horable way to be treating his *****, and it was probably also illegal. then I gave her my phone number and told her that if she was my woman I would only beat her in the privacy of my own home (Well I live with my grandma, but that's the only place I would beat her). After that my ***** kicked me square in the balls, and I hasn't been able to walk streaight since.

I think we need more secretaries like the one nelson rockafella had. I also think it is prudent that we start getting the hot stewartesess back on the airplanes. That is the real reason we has got all the terrorism anyway. I mean these dudes come all the way from the dessert and they think they is going to see some hot chicks in the air plane and maybe even score. What they find is a bunch of old chicks and some homo-gays. I don't have anything against the homo-gays, but like the terrorists I just doesn't want to do them in the bathroom while everyone is watching the in-flight movie.

I don't want anyone to think I have anything against the #####s. I mean somtimes when I is very bored I watch the christopher lowel show on the discovery channel. Plus I watch hollywood squares and I heard that Bruce Vilanch is a gay.

POlus I ain't got a problem with the lezbians. I mean I think they is real good. Infact I have severeal of their videos. and if any lezzess is reading this I want them to know that I would be very interested in a three way, unless they has got a crew-cut or one of them mullets.

Where the hell did that come from?

Too funny man. I gots a question fer ya. You live with yer Grandma. Is that in a trailer? Is she your grandma and only 15 years older than you? Is you making it with her? Just curious.

??????

Hey Crakeur, I'm willing to bet your blood pressure goes up when you are at your wifes Dr's office too. Perhaps it's not the wrench but the nut at the end.... IE the Doc.

Good luck we are all hoping for the best for you. Nice pics, cool stuff, enjoy the time on your hands.

We discussed the possibility that my wife's bp was rising as a result of her being nervous at the doctor's office. When her doc came to visit her in the hospital she came to the same conclusion. Tomorrow morning we have an appointment at the doc's office and we all agreed that we should not take her pressure until the very end of the appointment and that the pressure should be taken in the same manner that it was taken in the hospital, meaning wife laying on her side, and not sitting up.

Odds are her bp will be slightly elevated thanks to an ongoing fear of high blood pressure. However, the doctor isn't going to freak us out with warnings of toxemia and hospital visits because we are all on the same page with an induced labor next week.

lol, no. I don't actually beleave half of the things I say. I just find it fun to say them. your tank really looks cool and I would love to. once I have some I would love to trade frags with you.

Lookin' good bud. I've been in and out of the city this week, but hesitated to call you, as I thought your little guy was en route. I'm off for the next three days- Friday and Saturday would be OK, skiing on Sunday (finally!). If it's better for you to wait till after the hatching, that's fine. And if you want another xenia to replace that AWOL stalk, there's more where that came from.

tgrupert-

Your ideas are not only the probable answers to countless problems, but your thoughts are well-organized and delivered with a degree of articulation and grammatical prowess the likes of which I have never seen.

Satch, let's hold off a bit as I just snagged me another round of Logicalreef goodies and will need to deal with placement.

It looks like I will get reef frags on Tuesday and human frag on Thursday.

I will try and pull a few different things out for you.

No need to replace the Xenia. The two frags I have on top are doing real well, although one has found itself in a bit too high a current but it should adjust or I will adjust for it.

The third colony is actually doing fairly well, just not very visible, which is fine. I'm sure it will spread and work it's way up the glass.

I'll keep your stuff until we can hook up.

Originally posted by Crakeur

We discussed the possibility that my wife's bp was rising as a result of her being nervous at the doctor's office.

Search the web for "white coat syndrome". A lot of people have this, myself included. I even got put on blood pressure medication for a while as a result of it!

You can get a fairly inexpensive machine to take your BP at home if you don't have one already. They're pretty accurate and, since there isn't an actual person there taking the blood pressure, they generally don't trigger white coat syndrome.

Steve

We have already discussed white coat syndrome. Sadly, when laying in a hospital bed her bp is perfect. Apparently, her pressure only rises when she is at her doctor's office. Any other readings that were elevated have been attributed to her growing fear of an illness that isn't actually there. In other words, her first elevate bp reading, and the ensuing warnings from her doctor produced continual high readings in the doc's office and any other doctor's office that my wife was sent to.

I suggested buying one of those home pressure kits but I was told by two doctors that they aren't extremely reliable and, in the event of a high reading, they can only make matters worse by worrying the wife.

Archived