Top Shelf Aquatics

smallest hang on filter

BRIANSTINYREEF

BRIANSTINYREEF

i havei a 7 gallon bowfront with a prizm skimmer on back 7.25 inches in width. whats the narrowest hang on back filter they make that i can use to run foam and circulate water with?

thanks

i have the aga minibow 7 and i run a prism skimmer and a penguin mini hang on back filter. they will fit side by side easily. the prisms intake tube is on the left so i scooted it all the way to the left and the penguins intake tube is on the right so its all the way to the right. it looks real clean because the intake tubes are in the corners leaving the back clear.

I love my aquaclears, 2 500s 1 300, couple minis or 150s... who looks.. all I know is they all work, stuff is cheap for them, impellers too.

I clean mine out every so often, maybe two or three times a year, I've never noticed any lack of water flow I just figure it's time to clean them

Speaking of Aquaclears -

I got two - a mini hangin on a 2 1/2 gal and a 150 hanging on a 29... Does anyone have a good way for cleaning the intake tube?

Penguin's are easy - they have a curved intake, but the two 90's on the ACs are a pain...

-Ed

I just received the new Aquatic Eco-Systems catalog and they have a AZOO Tiny Filter, part# AZ13079. It measures 3"W x 2"D x 4"H and it runs $6.95. You should call them if you are interested, 800/422-3939.

Later

• 2 months later...

My QT has a Pen Mini, tolerant of everything, even intermittent use, fires up every time it's needed. I got it in a 'package deal', tested it and figured I would run it until it dies. Still waiting...

plfsurfer,

I received your email...so I guess I will just answer you here. I did buy my 1/2g tank w/light and hob from aquatic eco systems. I do not have any current pics so I will have to get one this weekend or whenever I get my camera and I will take some shots! This is a pic of when I first got it.

Archived