Cultivated Reef

Woohoo!!! Let the nano begin!

jdiver

I took a trip to That Fish Place today (in Lancaster, PA), with the intention of getting some fish for my brackish tank and possibly some live rock, depending on what it looked like. First of all, it is the most impressive fish store I have ever seen, with tank after tank of well kept and healthy saltwater, brackish, and freswater fish, of all types imaginable. They had the two Monos I wanted, as well as a four eye fish.

The most exciting (and relevant to this site) part is that they had a lot of very nice looking live rock. I got 6 lbs of Tonga and 6 lbs of Fiji. I just finished setting it up in my AGA Mini-Bow 7 tank, and it looks awesome! I'm so psyched and am like a little kid at Christmas! It's not often that something new and exciting comes along at age 28, but this is definitely one of those things.

I will post some pics of the tank soon. I just want to say thank you to everyone who has been so helpful on this site in answering my questions and offering advice, ideas, and knowledge. I don't think I would have felt comfortable starting this new area of fish keeping were it not for all the information I have gathered from the articles and people of nano-reef.com.

I  know how you both feel.  I felt like a kid when my order first arrived and I got everything ready.

This is a really nice hobby.  Good luck.

Archived