Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Need retrofit

cpreefguy

How are you with DIY wiring? I have 2 seperate 32w retrokits, but here's the deal: The standard retrokit DOES NOT come with moisture-proof endcaps, as they are made to be mounted under the clear plastic light cover in an eclipse tank.

When I removed both of my kits, I purchased 2 new moisture proof endcaps with 6' wires. I snipped the wire leads from the ballast to the old sockets, but never hooked set any of them up again. I also have brand new 32w smartbulbs, too.

I'm into it for $16 for the bulb, $11 for the endcap and the original cost of the ballast from Champion (same price). I'll sell each of the setups for $38 plus shipping.

oops: just realized two things: I may still have the original endcaps (99% sure of that), but I butchered the reflectors getting things to fit. Ah, just let me know if you're interested, and we can talk.

Hi, I've never tried DIY wiring, that may be a prob., also I asked for the retrofit for Christmas. If I don't get it, I will be interested. Thanks for the info.

I got them @ AquariumPros.com. Believe it or not, they actually arrived in a boxed from champion lighting! I guess A.P.just takes orders and has a third party fill them, but I was surprised that their price was cheaper than champion!

Archived