Innovative Marine Aquariums

SPS Lighting

hayesgb

Has anyone had success keeping SPS with PC lighting?  I've got a 15-gal and am considering this.  I've tried to stay away from MH due to the excessive power consumption I've heard of.  anyone have comments regarding 70W MH and power consumption?

I've seen quite a bit about the 70W HQI.  Does anyone have detailed plans for assembling a setup? (canopy + lights)

Thanks.

I guess it really depends on how much PC lighting you get in there. I had a 32W smartlamp and it couldn't support even my lowest light demanding montipora digitata 2" from the surface. I now have 2x55W on the 7 and I may try it again.

HTH,

Toy

ive seen tanks with acros and monitporas under PC's. i think it just depends on the specific animal. Obtaining a frag that was raised under PC would probibly insure you the most succsess.

Nanoreefer53,

He passed into the great coral reef in the sky.

I didnt know about your only having PC's so I put him under the MH up top close to the light!!!!!!

By the time I read your last post about lighting he was 50% gone so I moved him to the nano and it was too little too late. It really sux cuz he came in so healthy did fine for a day & a half then all in about 12 hours RTN...Gone :( :(

Toy

NanoReefer53

hmm....:(

i tell u what...after my orange monti grows back (under a 175w MH now) i'll send you another piece. :)

(Edited by NanoReefer53 at 1:45 pm on June 2, 2002)

You the Man!

I really wanted some orange in there Thanks a ton I will have more goodies for you as well,

Toy

Ps. I was going to ask but I thought you prolly couldn't spare another one. Let me know

(Edited by Toyfreek at 6:11 pm on June 2, 2002)

Archived