SaltCritters.com

Prizm on an Eclipse

chvynva916

Has anyone ever retrofitted an eclipse 6 hood to fit a prizm skimmer, it seems easy enough. Just cut and place (my water flow wouldn't even be disturbed.

Am I being an idiot?

Hi chvynva916, I sure haven't, but I recall reading about it here. Do a search and I am pretty sure you will find something.

At one point I was considering one, since it is one of the smallest skimmers out there which actually works. But then decided not do, just do more frequent waterchanges. Of the couple of negative issues I recall from the Prizm were the noise and the unreliability of the motor.

I keep hearing about more frequent water changes. I could double my changes and do them twice a week (I don't mind the extra work) but I would really like to attempt Sanjay Joshi's principle of "Feed more, skim more". I'll let you know how the project goes.

i did it and it worked very well imo. just keep up with the cleaning schedule of the collection container (i.e. weekly). i liked the performance and the outflow wasn't crazy as it's spread out over a significant area.

just snip out the back of the hood. there really only one spot for it anyway because of the support bar.

This is going to sound stupid, but what did you use to cut the back of the eclipse hood? I have drilled holes but I'm not sure what I would use to cut it.

SOMETHING SHARP........................

syke, how about these ideas....

hacksaw

razorknife

anything of that sorts they're not hard to cut

Brandon

Archived