Coral Vue Hydros

Tank Moved

Crakeur

Well, I put it off for as long as possible. Then I found out that the painter was coming tomorrow morning at 8 am and the doctor told us this afternoon that we should expect to be sent to the hospital tomorrow afternoon and we will either have the baby tomorrow or Wed., Thurs. at the very latest, unless some form of a miracle occurs. This translated into move that tank a.s.a.p.

Tank is moved. I did manage to scape it fairly well but I think I killed one acro and I lost one of SAtchmo's xenia frags behind a rock. I can see it, just can't get the rock and move it. Oh well, perhaps it will detach or grow outward. Already the other acros are opening up and the lps are all opening as well. Need to move my leather to a better spot and need to relocate my blastomussa so that all the heads are free of any rock but I think I am good for a day or two.

Next time my hands go in the tank, I might have held my child.

It hit me hard this afternoon and, even though the wife's health is a big factor, we are really excited. Unfortunately, if we don't hold off until Thursday or Friday, my parents won't be around for the delivery.

Scary to think that within 48 hours I might actually be a parent to something other than crabs, snails and sea slugs. I weep for the future.

Congrats, sir. And please, don't forget to exercise that kid's mind as much as possible. I substitute teach and you wouldn't believe the caliber of ignorants a generation of intelectually neglegant parents has reared. Oh, and start saving for college now.

Yeah. So what type of slugs do you have? I have a lettuce nudi, and am curious how others care for their nudis.

Best wishes el' Crakeur. :) I think you will have a blast with the new lil' reefer.

I think the fact that you can share a good deal of your feelings with us here online shows that you'll have a good relationship with the baby. Try to do all your parents did and everything they didn't and you'll be fine.

PEace, Bryan

You are gonna have the best time, being a parent is great the first 10 years, then it sucks for the next 10 and then ..... hey.. wait my sons only 5... I dunno what Im talking about... congrats anyway it is a blast.

I feel your pain. I just had to move my tank about 3 miles. It wasn't pleasant but everything is going strong in the new setup so I am pretty happy. The hardest part was keeping the temperatures constant on the move in 30 some odd degree weather.

your reefing budget just got smaller. X)

"honey? wouldn't it be great to have a teeny-weeny little reef for junior? so s/he can be just like daddy?"

:rolleyes:

btw post pics! of the BABY, juuust making sure.

I'm happy for ya man.

Of all the things you are going to teach him/her, remember to first educate them on the search button, if not the big bad boogie Dave will hide under their bed and get them when the lights are out! *teheee*

Seriously, enjoy the ride (parenthood). It will have it's ups and it's downs, but watching them grow and prosper will be the most rewarding feeling you will ever have.

Ok, I am ready to kill the doctor. Let me start by saying that she has had my wife on bed rest for about a month now. No biggie, other than the lack of sleep or free time. Then, on Monday, she tells us that she will probably send us to the hospital on Tues. (today) to monitor my wife and possibly/probably induce by Thursday. So, I spend a few hours Monday night moving the tank and unloading the shelves in the baby's room and getting ready for the painter and the hospital.

Tuesday rolls around and we go to the doc and she says, "go home, have lunch and check into the hospital. They'll be expecting you."

Woohoo! Baby is on the way. They check my wife's bloodpressure, which has been the source of our worries since she was put on bed rest, and it is not only down but it is down to where she normally is. They take blood, they take urine they make us wait. They check the baby's heart beat and it is picture perfect. The blood comes back. Perfect. No traces of Uric Acid. The urine comes back. No traces of protein. THe blood pressure is still perfect and the doctor says "take her pressure for a few more hours, give her ambien to sleep and let her leave in the morning. No labor inducing. No baby. No nada.

All that excitement. All that worry. All that stress for no reason at all.

So, thanks for the well wishes. Thanks for the congrats and thanks for all the support but it looks like my wife is not going this week, or any time real soon.

As I said, I hate my doctor.

As for the tank, it looks awesome. I will try and find the time to get pics, possibly tomorrow, after I bring my wife home from the hospital.

Now, to give y'all a laugh. The names. Girl names we haven't settled on on yet so no point giving out our choices.

If it's a son, Jackson will be his name. Possibly Jackson Samuel or Jackson Reed.

Here's the funny part. My friend's wife, the wife of the man who named me crakeur, said that if I have a son named Jackson, he will, no doubt, be known as Crakeur Jackson amongst my friends.

Yes I will update. Yes I will post pics of the relocated tank. Yes I will take pics of the new frag when it arrives.

Thanks again for all the good cheer.

Crakeur

Drs can be an endless source of amusement can't they. Oh well keep your sense of humour and with any luck the baby will pee all over the Dr. when he/she is born.

Originally posted by BCOrchidGuy

Drs can be an endless source of amusement can't they. Oh well keep your sense of humour and with any luck the baby will pee all over the Dr. when he/she is born.

If it's a son, I'm sure it will. No son of mine would pass up the opportunity. Hell, if nobody's looking, I might do it my self.

My mother tells me that when I after I was born every time she took me to the Dr for a check up I peed all over him. I don't know if thats true or not as my mother likes to exagerate a weeeeeee lil bit.

Archived