SaltCritters.com

5 gallon regent galaxy.

juskr

This tank has been running for 5 months. It contains a yellow tail damsel, red-stripped hermit crab, anenome crab, condy anenome. I am remolding the tank as we speak and will post picture of it.

• 2 weeks later...
:D glad to see someone with the same tank I have. I set my tank up about a week ago and have been adding LR and some hermit crabs to it. How long should I wait before I add fish? I added a anenome as well. What do you do for light? I use the fluorescent light that came with the tank but added a PC light that I turn on and put up to the acrylic during the day. Any ideas on where I can get a retro kit for this tank?

I have one of these that I use as "the cornfield", where I send bad bad critters. I think that if you want to retrofit it you would have to lose either the existing flourescent light or the power filter, as there really isn't enough room for a decent reflector. I guess you could run a PC without a reflector but then you're throwing more than half the light away.

The hood appears to be the same design as the Eclipse 6 (in fact, it may be the Eclipse 6 with a smaller tank). Marineland makes the Galaxy 5 for Wal-Mart. I'm sure there are retrofit plans posted for the Eclipse 6, so maybe you will be able to use those.

Archived