Cultivated Reef

need a positive id-spaghetti worm

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

ok guys, im pretty sure this is a spaghetti worm. problem is , yesterday i saw something that really makes me wonder.

i've searched spaghetti worm, but all the pics/info i found speak of sw's with white tenticals. reef safe etc etc. yesterday i removed a hermit crap from this pile in my ls. 1 hour later the orange tenticals had the hermit a second time. it looked like the hermit was shedding and the sw has helping pull off the old skin, so i left the 2 to there own devices. well today its just an empity shell.

i have about 4 of these guys in my sump now.

are they spaghetti worms? these things are stong- i've seen them drag 1" round rubble and shells to thier layer. dam it pulled a hermit out of its shell.

really not sure what to think anymore, they sure dont seem reef safe.lol can anybody offer info on orange tenticaled spaghetti worms?

http://www.nano-reef.com/gallery/showphoto...00&ppuser=14938

http://www.nano-reef.com/gallery/showphoto...00&ppuser=14938

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

ok so hes been back in the tank for 2 hours, and hes already grapped an emply mussel shell, a 3/4" chunk of live rock, and this huge hermit shell. he dragged the hermit shell about an 1". the lr 2" and the mussel shell 3/4". seems he wants to bury himself.

what do you guys think? if hes strong enough to pull these objects with just a couple tenticals, if he really wanted to, do you think he might be able to overpower a small fish? already know the hermit didnt put up much of a fight, and he wasnt my smallest hermit by any means.

Judging by the exposed feeding apparati, I'd say probably good ol' spaghetti worms.

This one, however, is either that or a Medusa worm. Similar, and harmless, as far as I know.

IMG_2073.JPG

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

same worm caesar. i just dug it out of the sand. so ya think it might be medusa worms?

thanks yet again caesar!

Archived