Coral Vue Hydros

My newest project...

appstateguy

just ran to walmart to get some toothpaste and came back with a 5 gallon eclipse hex and 13 watt pc all for $40 + tax... im gonna have some pics real soon.... i need some info on the hellolights 13 watt 50/50 bulb if anyone is familiar with them.... just let me know what you think of them... maybe i will have somepics up tonight, i already retrofitted the lighting... the desklamp came with a 6400 k bulb.... its pretty white and i need some blue as this will be a mushroom and xenia tank with a little clown goby...

how can ya argue with $40????

haha... the bad part is, i forgot the toothpaste! fortunately my roommate/brother just went to the grocery store and picked some up!! dental hygiene will continue!!

haha funny, i went to walmart too and came home with the 13w pc light. you are talking about the blue desklight right?? i got that one and just finished gutting it out. im going to order an actinic 13 from hello lights and stick it over my 5.5.

well it was a blue lamp.....

i ran to lowes afterward to see if they sold the bulbs since the lamp came with a 2700 k.. i told them i bought my lamp there because i noticed they have a 6400 k bulb in their desklamps for $15... anyway they switched it out for free!!! what a terrible person i am... im gonna get the 50/50 from hellolights

5 hex this, 5 hex that...

my 5 hex is retrofitted w/ the hellolights 13W ballast and 50/50 bulb. i just ordered two more bulbs for a rainy day. nice n bright, pretty blue, but my mushrooms and zoos seem to like it. my only wish is that i had scrapped the filter from day one so i had more room to fit another bulb. throw a aquatech 5-15 on there (walmart of course!), second bulb under the filter hood. ummm ummm! careful with the acrylic though!

have some pics of the setup now... i have spent the past few days acclimating the corals to the new light.... let me know what you think... my camera sucks... give me somepinters on taking decent pics as well.... also i have a little scooter blenny in there now...

printerdown01

Hellolights 13W 50/50 review:

It is a decent light, but not anything to rave about. The blue side appears to have a quick spectrum shift. This isn't a huge deal if you are aware of this problem, as you can simply replace the bulbs sooner. Also it is much cheaper to order a few bulbs at a time; also see if anyone in your area needs them -that way they can throw in a buck or two towards your shipping costs ;).

Archived