ReefCleaners.org

are these zoo eating snails?

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

Don't look like it to me. The Heliacus snails that I have seen were black checked and had a cone shaped door when it went into its shell. What you have looks like a small arene or macarene snail.

Check the mouth area out to be sure. If it isn't cone shaped, I see no reason to remove them. I have numerous small arene/macarene snails but usually only see them at night.

NEVER SATISFIED REFFER

they might be sundial snails, if u knock them off and hours later they are back on the zoo's like mine where, then flush them.

Originally posted by NEVER SATISFIED REFFER

they might be sundial snails, if u knock them off and hours later they are back on the zoo's like mine where, then flush them.

That isn't necessarily true. The cone area is what will distinguish them from others. I would hate to see someone flush a good algae eater because they like the algae and keep going back to do their job and clean it up.

those are good guys...i've got a bunch of them and they reproduce like crazy. they're like baby turbos kind of. :D as angel said, sundials have a cone shaped piece that they move to protect their foot when picked up.

Not sundials--just harmless, nocturnal grazers. Again, the cone-shaped door of the sundials is the key.

At least show a relevant pic. ;)

Heliacus, aka Sundial snail, with cone-shaped door showing:

faq_heliacus.jpg

i had one of those in my tank, he went for a meal with a raccon, i threw him in the trash went outside to throw the trash away and a raccon was in my face when i opened teh trash can, scared me more then the zoo eating snail

Reef_Mad_Man

Yeah they are harmless unless you corner them! Then they will tear you up good!! Especialy the fat females!!! THey are MEAN!!

Got teeth like a baracuda!

Didn't click the first link, but the second shows a different photo, this one:

rapap.jpg

Just chill out, kids. Jeez.

Originally posted by Caesar777

Just chill out, kids. Jeez.

This is why you seem to be having trouble, with a few nr's, as comments such as this are not necessary.

It couldn't be because some people like to go overboard, and attack me for no reason. Nah.

That's rich, though. It's my fault. Heh.

I did not attack you, or anyone else, just responded to a post that was made. You stated:

At least show a relevant pic

One was posted in the first link given.

Posted on another thread, by you:

:rolleyes: Learn to read.

Maybe you should follow your own advice before jumping on others.

Haha, hardly the most. I just get irritated when I'm attacked repeatedly (by people who may or may not know what they're talking about) for NO reason, e.g. FragMaster.

Sorry to take your post WAY off-topic, icy. :flower:

Archived