Coral Vue Hydros

Garlic

SoS

I have seen people who knock garlic as a reef safe ick cure. I used some garlic extract and it cured the ick in two days. Just soaked some food in it and fed.

• 1 month later...

I thought everyone knew. Ich is the start of fish vampirism. The fish turning white and sickly looking. Got to get that stuff out with some good garlic extract. You can also surround the tank in crosses and silver. If you know a good priest, have him bless your water.

• 2 weeks later...

SoS,

Do you continue to use the garlic extract for a period of time? Did you get the 2 week relapse? Is garlic cool with the Inverts and Corals in the system? I think I have some Ich going on and would LOVE an option that doesn't involve a monster quartine/hospital ordeal.

Also, for your treament, did you use a "Specialty Fish Product" or a local grocer solution?

BTW, the wife and I were in Jersey and hit your LFS, (Absolutley?). I have never seen a store sell such monster fish. They had some big fish for sale. I was digging the nano for sale on the counter, pretty nice.

actually I got the garlic extract for absolutely fish. Its a pure form without any additives you find in the supermarket brand. It worked pretty well. The fish aren't overly crazy about eating it. They spit it out once or twice and look at me like I was stupid, but they'd eventually eat it. It'd go away in a few days. I'd continue a few days longer after that to make sure. You can get that extract at petsolutions or most online stores much cheaper.

Yes absolutely fish has some big fish and some really huge corals. I hope it was worth the trip. What did ya get? huh huh...;)

He can't keep those nano's on the counter in stock. He builds a new one almost every other day. Not for me I think most of the fun is building the tank. Once I get it done I look at it for two minutes and think what next and begin the next creation.

I made my own garlic when I had ich. It didn't work as good, but it worked.

-Garlic Powder

-Garlic Clove

-Cooking Oil

1. Take the fishes food, and add a small amount of cooking oil to it.

2. Add the minced garlic clove.

3. Add the garlic powder.

4. Let it sit in a fridge for 24-48 hours.

5. Rinse out the oil and feed to fish

Archived