ReefCleaners.org

Good place to order macro algae from?

RVMcCarthy

If no one answered yer other thread today (WHICH WAS LAME) dont post anotherone. Its just annoying to regular readers to the board.

Do a FN-Search. Look like in ohhhhh say..... CLASSIFIEDS !

FWIW, NO ONE IN CA has algae for you. Some one already told you waht to look for.:

If you ABSOLUTELY need to have Caulerpa, I have 5 differnent species avail.

Stupids... X)

EDIT: Tard... http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...=&threadid=6349

First, how was the post lame? If you are referring to buying it in CA, notice the smiley. It was a sarcastic question based on the idiocy the blanket outlawing of 99% of caulerpa species is (I understand why it was done, but I don't agree with the implementation of the laws). I'm not necessarily looking for a private individual to buy from, nor if it involved Caulerpa would I seriously ask someone in CA to sell/trade/give, that's why I asked for an online site to order from, so I could see what was offered and for how much.

Second, this post is very specifically asking if there is somewhere to buy it online from, the other one didn't request that. I checked 6 different online marine "stores", and didn't find anything that I either wanted or that was legal in my state. So yes, I have looked around.

And yes, places in CA have algae for sale, just not the specific varieties of macroalgae I am looking for, and what I am looking for isn't necessarily caulerpa. I should have been more specific on that count. The only macroalgae that is illegal in CA is the caulerpa sp., and two of those are not. So there is bound to be someone in CA with SOME form of macroalgae.

No, I don't absolutely need to have caulerpa. In fact after some research and suggestions I'm not sure I want caulerpa.

I'm not sure why you decided to flame me.

printerdown01

There are a few store in N. Cali that will sell macro, as well as most calu. There are two in Concord (Bay Area) and one in Hayward (spelling?). I know that all three DO carry macro and are NOT afriad to sell it. If you are willing to drive that far, drop me a line! I'd be happy to dig up the names for you!

I would definitely be interested in the ones in the Bay area (I'm sure there are many) as I'm probably headed that way this week.

I really appreciate the help! Many thanks Mr. Broken Printer. :)

Archived