Top Shelf Aquatics

Mixing Clowns

Tater

I know that mixing clowns can be risky, but I have a question..

I bought a pair of tank bred true percs awhile back and are still small, close to medium size. I was searching online the other day and found tank bred black and whit percs. I have always thought these were cool looking and wanted a pair of these even before I started up a tank. Problem was, they were to expensive every time I saw them. I have now found them for a reasonable price and am seriously thinking of getting a pair.

I read somewhere you can mix clowns better if they are tank bred than wild ones. With both pairs being tank bred do you think it should be a problem? By the way, its a 50 gal with only a yellow-headed sleeper gobie, lawnmower blenny, and of course the two percs..

50G is usually too small.

You could try it if you have two anemones. Also it's usually better to introduce them all to the tank at the same time.

Regardless if you do try it be prepared for one thing. CATCHING ONE PAIR OUT!

Originally posted by vthondaboi

50G is usually too small.

You could try it if you have two anemones.  Also it's usually better to introduce them all to the tank at the same time.

Regardless if you do try it be prepared for one thing.  CATCHING ONE PAIR OUT!

I'm in the process of getting the one pair I have now to an anenome. With them both being tank bred its hard as hell getting them to touch it or even go by it. You have to remember they have never seen one. All they want to do is stay up by one of the powerheads. So I don't think anenomes would be something I would have to watch out for.

I've tried many things to try and get the percs to the anenome. Right now I have what I call "ghetto fish" in there. Basically I cut out the shape of a perc and made the proper lines and everthing, but made it black and white. It is wrapped in plastic and attached to some fishing line and has a dime attached to it so it gives it some weight. With the flow and everything it makes it look like an actual fish swimming. Right now its by the anenome to see if it will attract them... We'll have to see.

Any other opinions would be helpful also..

Archived