Pod Your Reef

Gamble paid off

fishwife

Yay! I know it was dumb but I took a chance and bought a small scooter from my LFS. I don't think he would have lasted much longer there - he was pretty skinny. I had a burgeoning flatworm population (which he plowed through in about two days), so decided to risk it. Anyway - he's been greedily eating frozen mysis for a couple of weeks now and has definitely put on weight. Very relieved!

Here's my question. How much should I be feeding him? I haven't been too worried about him eating too much right now because he's still in the fattening-up stage, but how much is too much? Is 3-4 mysis a day in the morning enough?

Thanks.

I never feed mine, he lives strictly off of pods in the sand bed, he is fat and healthy and have had him for bout a year now. The reason why I got him was because my tank was overpopulated with pods, not anymore

RoOk_Reef, I don't know how big your tank is, but mr. scooter cleaned all the pods out of my tank in about two hours! I've got more in my fuge, but sheesh! Lucky he's not picky about frozen food.

Duke13, just curious, why every other day? Water quality concerns, the fish's health, or what!

Thanks, guys.

Archived