Top Shelf Aquatics

best way to clean salt off glass

thePenguin

im always getting salt water on stuff, especially the glass on the front of my tank. wiping with a wet rag doesnt really do the job because when the water dries, streaks return. i was wondering if anybody knows any secret methods for cleaning the glass (like maybe scrub it with an inflated guinea pig ;) )

Guest AbSoluTc

Glass cleaner :)

Use the stuff from your auto store that is safe for tinted windows. Won't contain ammonia. Or just use windex - but use common sense and dont spray it around the tank water.

I just use Windex, but I spray it on the cloth instead of the glass. I do like your idea though. I was wondering when someone would come up with a use for all these damn inflated guinea pigs.

i can live with that, but just try it once with a squigy and water (even salt water) and you will be amazed at how simple and quick it is. I've even used aqurium water.

I use glass cleaner. I spray it on a cloth in the other room then come into the room where my tank is with the damp rag. Then when I am done, I am sure to hit the sink to wash anything off of my hands.

It probably isn't the best idea, but it seems to work out.

Archived