Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My 7 Gallon Bow (3 Months)

ggee1

UPDATED! My nano is now 4 months old, I have finally won my battle with the hairy algae. I still see a little from time to time, but nothing that can't be removed or eaten by the cleaning crew. Coralline has developed pretty much all over the powerhead and the back wall. So far so good!

8.5 lbs Fiji Cured Live Rock

10 lbs live sand

Star Polyp

Maze Brain Coral

Acropora (frag)

4 turbo snails (Give or take, hermits sometimes have escargot) :o

2 percula clowns

5 blue legged hermits

1 Banded Coral Shrimp

1 Button Polyp

104-0428_IMG.jpg

103-0398_IMG.jpg

Picture%20006.jpg

Picture%20141.jpg

Photo0009.jpg

104-0420_IMG.jpg

Yea, those are perc's they have been in there since set up, they are doing really well! Actually the tank is 2 months old, I think I had on there 3 months but it's two!

Thanks!

Greg

Guest AbSoluTc

Whats with the black paint editing??

Perhaps your looking for a flame, I don't know. However, you keep reiterating "2months".

1 - You need to stop adding corals until you get your algae problem under control. There is something wrong somewhere and you need to stop, and get it fixed.

2 - For a tank that is 2 months old - your bioload has exceeded its capacity. Why? There is not enough beneficial bacteria to support 2 clowns, 1 CB Shrimp, and then your corals.

You need to seriously SLOOOOOW DOWN! Establish your tank with beneficial bacteria and find out what is causing the ALGAE problem. SPS' in an algae infested tank are not a good thing. Lower your light cycle to 8 hours a day if not already. Test for phosphates. Start scrubbing that rock.

Incase you did not get it the first time - SLOOOOOOOW DOWN!

This is constructive criticism and should be taken as such. NOT A FLAME. I can not say your tank looks good, because it does not. I will say however, you have a descent setup and it seems you are going the right direction. Take a few steps back, and fix the problem before it gets out of hand.

Good Luck!

When I took the picture there was a huge flash image that reflected off the back of the tank. I liked the picture but did not care for the image of the flash in the picture, so I painted over it.

Very nice tank, ggee1.

As for the comments by AbSoluTc: Although your comments may be somewhat valid, try rephrasing. You don't want to discourage a new nano tank hobbyist. I, for one, would have considered your comments a "flame". AbSoluTc, where are the pics of your tank, along with vital statistics and information that might be beneficial to the rest of us? Offer the rest of us "newbies" something to go on, not just an opinion.

Guest AbSoluTc

My pics are posted in this very same forum with all the information you could possibly want :)

Im not flaming as I stated earlier, I just hope that ggee1 can see that he/she has a very good start to a wonderful tank and the fact that its so crowded at a young age, is not something "I" would be proud of. My previous post stated my concearns and critisizm. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ggee1's tank has potential, all I was doing was giving advice to help improve its current situation.

Archived