inTank Media Baskets

problem with cassette mod!!!! Help?

Jermz79

I have about 150 old cassette cases laying around ... last night I decided to go through them and find a nice black one to do the cassette mod! I have about 50 black and the rest are clear, but the only problem is all my cases don't seem like what I have seen on this board .... maybe I'm doing something wrong or using the wrong side I don't know!

I've attached the picture and as you can see all my cases have this little dip in them and it doesn't seem to much of anything!

Very strange huh?

I'm tellin ya, I went through about 150 tapes and everyone of them were like this!!! Ahhhhhhhhh ... I really gotta get this goin though, the surface of my water is getting nasty!

I found one in my area from another younger person (like myself). Just happen to fit the bill perfect:D

Great mod... I am new to nanocubes, so I was amazed how well this worked!

If you need a black one, you need to find one like this:

black-clear-cassette.jpg

I am actually considering ordered some. But I will check at home first and see if my dad had some black ones. Imagine that, ordering a cassette box.... haha... what am I in? The 80's? :P

I think I had a clear one like that!!!! OMG I'm an idiot ... here's a question though.

on that pic above ... where the nipples are, do you take those off or leave them? If you leave them where do you channel the grooves? Do you trim the upper portion of the sides off or not (the parts that are connecting to the clear portion in that pic)?

Once again ... "HELLO McFLY ANYONE HOME"!!! Jeez only I could make something so simple turn into a difficult situation!

daves new nano

hi

i used an old tape case from a compact digital video tape its about 1/2" larger all round than a 20 deck of smokes i trimed the flap of with a knife which leaves u with a box then dremeled slots in it, this then fits over the intake on a NC almost perfectly,

its not black but opaque smokey gray so its almost invisible against the back wall of my boyu cube, ill take some pics of it over the weekend then post em for you.

cheers Dave

I did this last night... VERY easy.

To break off the sides that stick up too much: I took plyers and my channel locks. Held the plyers on the spot to prevent me from breaking the sides off further than I wanted. Use the channel locks to break off the two pieces.

To make the nipples shorter (so it can sit better on the grating): I used a drill and drill bit. I used the little hole in the center of the nipple to guide the drill bit and 1/4" bit to drill the nipples down. Then I used a slightly larger bit to get rid of the excess that didn't go away when I drilled. Didn't take it all the way down, but enough to make it fit snug.

Now it looks perfect (except I want to get a black one). I can post pics later if that helps. For now, off to work!

That would be awesome if you could post a pic. But thanks for answering my ? for me!! So take off the upper portions and cut back the little nipples!! Perfect.

Now off to search through cassette tapes!

Have a good day at work ... TGIF!!

Archived