Innovative Marine Aquariums

HELP! Hydor Flo challenged!

Mummer

I think I am lame RE: putting Hydor Flo on 12 Gallon DX.

Below is what the bulkhead looks like after pulling off the duckbill. Also pictured is the Hydor Flo adaptor that seems to fit, and finally, the Hydor Flo stuck on the bulkhead/outlet thing. Is that right? It turns, but should it be sticking out that far??? Did I miss something??

Here's what I did to mine -

Cut off the big flange from the Hydor Flo (top)

Cut off the nozzle from the Hydor Flo (left)

Trimmed a piece of the tubing from the stock Nano Cube flow deflector (right)

14612Hydor_Flo_003_-_resized.jpg

Glued the stock tube to the Hydor Flo and reassembled everything

14612Hydor_Flo_004_-_resized.jpg

Here's a picture of it in place - it's a lousy picture, but I think you can see how close it is to the back wall. No further away than the stock bulkhead that's on my 24 Gallon Nano Cube

14612Hydor_Flo_007_-_resized.jpg

Has anyone tried one of these on a 12G OG NanoCube, or does anyone know if the outer diameter of the return on the OG and DX are the same?

I have the tape cassette mod on mine. When I put this hydor flow in my 24 nano, the water bubbles pop and leave a lot of salt residue on the light protector. Is anyone else having this problem? I took mine off. Sorry, didnt mean to steal a thread.

shao-lin nano

Does anyone else have a problem with the hydor making a clicking noise as it rotates? Mine does and it's getting annoying so can someone suggest a solution?

thanks

Archived