Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

catchin' critters?

ricknbecky

I found a really interesting looking wrom in the tank tonight. Part of me wants to say that he is a reaaly big bristle worm, but his body is designed sort of like a large meal worm with legs that point down and which he appears to actually walk with rather than the trufts of common bristle worms which they creep adn crawl with. He is Tan Brown at least 4 inches long (that is how much came out of his hole). My dear god is he fast. I sat there for 5 minutes still looking at this hole waiting for what I didn't knwo what. I turned my head to get a better ange when he did come out and man did he dart in there fast. Some thing about him makes me really nervous and I just don't think he is particualry reef safe. Maybe I am wrong but he just looks very scarry.

My point being is how do you catch some thing that fast who lives in a hole. I thought of takign the rock out and giving a quick fresh water bath. It does't have much other life on it. But that rock has to be the very bottom rock which support every other rock in the tank. Any ideas what to do? If I can I will attempt to get a pic but I cant promise anthing.

they make worm traps and various other critter traps but whenever I have used them I usually end up catching something like a hermit crab.

I would try and get a pic and get some id help before panicking and messing with the aquascaping to get out one worm that may or may not be detrimental to the tank community.

Archived