Coral Vue Hydros

Crakeur was bored so he posted more pics

Crakeur

Here's a nice shot of a few different zoanthus colonies. They all came from Lord Bryan Greenzoo at thelogicalreef.com.

The largest colony has really grown while the others were moved around a bit and have suffered. Hopefully all three colonies will run wild. In case you can't tell, there is a green/green colony at the bottom, green/orange in the center and the large colony is clearly visible.

Here are two of my xenia colonies. The whiter one I received as a hitchhiker on a small acro frag. The one on the left is one of the two that Satchmo dropped off a few weeks back.

Here is the other Xenia that Satchmo passed along. Both of his Xenia had floated toward the back of the tank and had to be rescued via major rock moving. They have both attached and are starting to grow real nicely.

this is the little capnella frag that satchmo gave me. it has settled in right next to my near dead yellow cup coral. Not sure if the coral will make it (massive algae coverage) but the skeleton is staying put if it dies.

Here is a full tank shot. For some reason I can't seem to get a clear shot anymore. The lights from the room and the hood are causing too much glare.

Here is a close-up of the right half of my tank. Those purple zoos came from a two or three polyp frag I yanked from the reef in my dad's place.

Zoo colony that has lost some color. They are a peach and green mix but, as you can see, they sort of faded. This one is going to Satchmo when he gets the time to pick them up.

Looks great Crakeur, keep it up. Top colony has settled in nicely, hope the others do once they relax.

The blastomussa is my favorite, that one looks very happy.

I am soooo needing a nano for Christmas :)

Peace, Bryan

lastly, my purple tunicates. I have three of them and they are all a bit smaller than a golf ball. They have weathered the algae issues, getting bounced around the tank, having things fall on them and they are still doing fine. Satchmo is getting one of them along with the previous zoo colony. Don't worry Satch, yours will get a haircut before it goes in the bag.

thanks Bryan. Perhaps in a couple of months I will be able to frag a blasto head or two.

Also, the tunicate pic was taken prior to me removing that embarrasing clump of red slime.

Mnesarchus, go to the source. thelogicalreef.com. Bryan sells and trades his zoos and I have yet to find as good as his anywhere. I take that back, I have seen them as good but when you ask where they came from, they are his or traded with someone who originally got them from him.

Bryan send me more!

Nice! That Blasto is awesome, where did you get it? I have a spot reserved for those zoos. Maybe they'll do better for me with less light. It's funny, that xenia looks so brown in your tank. Under my PCs, they look more like the whiter species you have in there.

If you can find the room, I can frag you off a single-headed frogspawn, green w/ purple tips. It's probably about tennis ball-size when fully expanded, and is showing new buds. I'm already fragging this colony for another trade, and can put a branch aside for you if you want it. It's a tough bugger, my clown practically makes love to it, and the coral doesn't seem to care. Consider it a down payment for a future head of that blastomussa :happy: . Plus I'm gonna hack you off a lobe of that pink toadstool.

Maybe I can take the oversized frog I have and put it in my dad's tank to make room for a smaller one.

As for the blastomussa, I picked that up at country critters in Patchogue. I went there to pick up 12 feet of hose for the office tank (I was in the area for reasons and they had the hose so I made a pit stop). Ended up buying the blast because it was insanely nice and not too expensive at $30. It is actually two separate branches with multi heads on each branch so fragging it in the near future might not be too much of a hassle.

I have another zoo frag that I didn't film that has three or four polyps on it. They are bright orange and green, real nice. The one in the pic was always a peach color and not real bright but pretty nonetheless. It actually has a muted green/green and peach/green mix on it. Might get a bit more color out of them but I don't think the peach ones get much brighter.

Archived