blueanthellia.jpg

My two fav photos this time-

Lettuce Slug

lettuceslug.jpg

Favia

favia1.jpg

Nikon 8700

ENJOY! :)

You can tell the ones under the 14K's and actinic! LOL.

I havent gotten the hang of using the manual mode on the camera, so I just use the straight macro, which makes the color turn out reeeeallly blue. :D

Thanks for the nice comments!

most of the coral is from one tank at a LFS. it's an island tank, so it's hard to get a shot without other stuff behind it in the pic. ill try if ya want. there are some nice colonies in there. the favia and fungia arent in that particular tank though.

• 2 weeks later...
Reefer Addict

Six-have there been any cases of West Nile virus up in Ohio? That 'pond' bucket looks like it would be a perfect nest to breed mosquitoes...

Oh, haha. Yea, it would be but... we're breeding Danio chopre and Red Cherry Shrimp in there. No mosquitoes! We'll have Danios out to wazoo though (hopefully!)

Here's a terrible sample photo I found online

danio_choprae.jpg

They are awesome little FW fish that will breed well and not eat their fry (so I've heard). We're hoping for a haul when we tear the tub down. These fish go for $8 a pop. and yes, it sucked to stock the tub, lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks gourami!

We tore the tub garden down this weekend and tripled our shrimp number... but lost one danio. we had a ton of damselfly larvae in the tub which probably ate all the fry, but yeah... the adult danios look awesome after gorging on bugs all summer.

Archived