Pod Your Reef

small polyps

jenniebutterfly

jenniebutterfly

i have no clue what these are. i have them on this zoa rock and some on my gsp rock. they have small feathery petals. there are 8 of them. they are maroon in color with a white center, and when disturbed they pull all the way into the rock.

normal_coral%20124.jpg

jenniebutterfly

nope and nope :D i have had cloves and i have anthelia. these do not get any bigger than they are now. i have had them for about a year now. no changes, they just spread. they are about 1/8 high and the same across. they are very tiny.

would be interesting to know what they are, in the meantime you could always send them to me :) hehehehe my tank always welcomes unidentified strangers. lol

jenniebutterfly

haha very funny. i have actually grown quite fond of them. thats why i would like to know what they are. they fully retract into the rock when disturbed. and they don't seem to bother anything.

Some people call those "daisy polyps". Pretty sure they're a type of Anthelia, but not definite.

Jenny I have a few like that...they are incredibly small (2mm in height). I always assumed they were a type of anthelia. They certainly haven't gotten any bigger in 5 months. Haven't multiplied, either...:(

jenniebutterfly

mine pull into the rock, and i don't know of any anthelia polyps that do that. just weird, but oh so cute

Daisy polyps are clove polyps. I think that is exactly what you have Jenn.

Could be sand polyps but I doubt it.

Archived