ReefCleaners.org

overstocked???

mlblover126

mlblover126

hey guys and girls just looking for you opinion on the livestock for my fowlr 55 gal tank.

2 clowns

1 hi fin goby

1 neon goby

1 flame angel

& maybe 1 yellow tang??

AndrewAquariumPlanning

if that is saying fifty five and not five.five then you are absolutely 100% fine, maybe even understocked... i've done a lot more than that, especially in a FOWLR where you don't have a large number of sessile inverts... so yeah, you're probably fine :-) and i do this for a living so i have some idea... andrew@aquariumplanning.com

I wouldnt recommend any other larger fish unless you have a lot of free time to maintain water quality. Tang are pains in the arses, i hardly ever recommend them to anyone because of their long term healthcare difficulties.

Stocking depends on your maintenance routine.

Originally posted by Six

I wouldnt recommend any other larger fish unless you have a lot of free time to maintain water quality. Tang are pains in the arses, i hardly ever recommend them to anyone because of their long term healthcare difficulties.  

Stocking depends on your maintenance routine.

I had a yellow tang for several years and he was my favorite fish by far, never had health troubles with him. I was very bad at maint back in those days, but I did run a skimmer. ;)

Archived