SaltCritters.com

Tiny Jellyfish? video clip

MattGecko

I had the powerhead turned off while doing a waterchange today and I found this little jelly (3/16") swimming near the surface. I have been doing a lot of frag trading lately so he must have been a hidden bonus.

Little Jelly

It has been removed from the tank, does anyone know about these little guys?

Cute little bugger. Don't know much about taking care of jellies, but I have heard that they generally will not survive in tanks that aren't set up with jellies in mind.

Ooops!! I am not sure what my wife was watching. I had the volume turned down on the computer and didn't even realize that recorded.

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

jelly fish need a tank without powerheads or filters. the ones at my lfs are kept in a tank that uses a sponge and an airstone. hth

The jelly is cool, but the conversation in the background is VERY interesting! :D I like the way the little guy pulses, then rests.

jenniebutterfly

haha that is too funny. ummm i think if your lfs has a jelly tank i would bring it there. or maybe even a local aquarium, just make sure that if you do that, you continue to change the water in the little dish you have it in so that it does not die

I spotted another one getting beaten around by the water current.

I didn't want to keep the little guys just wanted to make sure there not going to reck havoc on my tank.

Archived