Coral Vue Hydros

What to feed my critters? HELP!

freakintiger

freakintiger

Hey all!

My tank has been set up for 3 days now, my chemistry is good and the tank is teeming with life. But what do I feed all these critters? The LFS sold me some frozen cyclops, which I sparingly added to the tank, some got caught in the nano hang on filter I got today and some sank to the bottom, where the little scavengers will get them(they look like little clear shrimp and are very hyper)but what about the little tentacle like flowers and the starfish and the clam(I thought the clam was just a shell until it opened up and extended it siphons)will they starve?

I saw some stuff on ebay called "reef chili" which is a powdered food. Do I need to get something like that?

Thanks for the help!

We feed our filter feeders Kent Marine Microvert. Then most of the other poylps get mysis blend and we target feed them with a turkey baster. If you are low on algae in the tank, it doesn't hurt to grind in a very small amount of dry algae food such as Ocean Nutritian's Formula Two. But as always, watch the amount of food you add so that you don't spike nitrates.

Archived