Pod Your Reef

Toadstoal Not opening

freshwater

I put a toadstoal in my tank about 2 weeks back and it was opening really good with all its tentacles waiving. For last 3 days it is not opening at all and looks like greyish spots on its top and the stem is hanging down also. Is that normal or is he sick.

I did start dosing 4 days back with Kilkwasser and may be over dose the tank. Will that cause this behaviour my other corals are all looking good and so are the clams.

I also put some garlic extract in the food and few drops in the water for fishes. One of them has the ICK but she is fine now

will garlic can cause those spots on the toadstoal.

Our office tank had a massive leather colony, about a foot wide with 8 or 9 heads and this thing was awesome. My father put a gigantic clam in the tank and was told to dose the tank with calcium and iodine. Well, he overdid it and the leather started getting dark greyish, black spots all over it. It looked like a fungal disease of some kind. The leather is dead. The culrpit was the iodine. The old man has since learned to listen to me about adding chemicals to a tank that is thriving.

Oh and the clam died too.

I also read at other message board that Phosguard

can also cause problem to Toadstool. I also put Phosguard in my Canister 5 days back to drop my phosphate levels. Well my phosphate levels are <0.5 now from 1.5 so last night i removed all the Phosguard but still have carbon in the filter.

i also add Iodine 4 days back but only 5ml.

Lets see what happens now, so far they are still

not opening.

Archived