ReefCleaners.org

help blue gudgeon goby

tanakiye

does anyone have a blue gudgeon? mine always hides in a burrow under this one rock, and i never see him come out, except sometimes i see him poke out his head. i haven't seen him eat at all, but ive been giving an extra feeding after lights off just in case. any info?

thanks

this is a type of goby that lives in a borrow. they like to live in pairs in the same burrow. You might want to get another to be able to observe cool (natuaral) behaviors.

Tgrupert might know the species better, but how long have you had him?

I've kept Gold head sleeper, Diamond, and most recently Dragon Gobies. All of them dig a hole "really quick" and then take up to a month or so before you see them active during the day. As for the first two, even with a well established DSB (lots of critters), they didn't make it more than 3-6 mo. :(

So after some research and seeing one at my LFS, I found that the dragon a good choice because once they acclimate, they eat almost anything you put in, as well as, their normal sifting duties. B)

i've had had him for about 2 weeks and i rarely see him. sometimes i see him poking his head out of his burrow, but ive never seen him come out and hang or even eat. I was think it to be a nocturnal-type feeder, so ive been feeding extra after lights out...

I may be one of the only liberals to have a picture of nixon in my family room. it's a picture of him from his presidency so he looks less like a criminal. I own those envelopes that when you put the nixon stamp on them it looks like he is behide bars. I also made a custom nixon pez dispenser. I'm looking for an authintically vandalized nixon campain poster that says

DICK NIXON

before he dicks you

Well I'm home and just referenced my Burgess Atlas. The Blue Gudgeon (Ptereleotris microlepis) is actually a midwater member of the GIGANTIC gobis family. That doesn't mean that they won't dig a burrow. Give him some time! My dragon wouldn't show much more than a head for about a month. And I too, worried about his food consumption, but after 4-5 weeks, he's all over the tank.

Tgrupert is right, most of the gobies we see in LFS's have a tendency to dig, but the family is JI-normous and many might just utilitize a nook in the reef or a previously dug hole. My Dragon on the other hand is an engineer and would dig to china if he could :D

Archived