Coral Vue Hydros

My tank!!! :)

jflysmooth

wow i love your mushrooms (go to the site and look at the pics, bigger so you can see more). If you ever decide to sell/trade any of their offspring, put me on the list for em. Also, how big are your snails? is it just me, or are they HUGE? like the one towards the bottom right of the tank, it looks like its like 4 inches. :P . anyways, nice tank, what kind of lighting are you using on it?

Thanks guys. :)

Yea, I've got one turbo snail in there and he's gigantic. For lighting I've got a 32 watt smartlamp and a 15 watt NO actinic in my hood with the actinic coming on 30ish mins before the other. Since I'm taking down my 5 gallon I now have another 32 watter I'm thinking about putting in the hood, theres still room for it. After that I just need to get one of those switches from Cameron for my auto top off and I'll be set. :)

In case anyone's wondering what taht thing on the left side of the tank is, I had a piece of plexiglass so I made a little refugium and stuck it on the side on top of one of my rocks with some suction cups to keep it in place. I put a little sand and some small rocks in there along with the macro algae that I got from Dave. That stuff grows like crazy, I've already harvested it once and its growing back out again.

I've got about 7 snails and 7 hermits, some blue leg, some red. I've got two (cringe) tomato clowns as well.

Corals:

-Big ole toadstoool, several frags, and needing to make more.

-assorted mushrooms, some are neato metallic ones too

-green zoos

-orangy zoos

-bright green GSP

-xenia

-and the coolest coral is the phyllangia americana that I got from Peter on the shell of a clam that came with his live rock.

I dose with calcium every day or so, when I do water top offs. I don't change my water too often, but if I notice any sorta that oily film on the top I get rid of it cuase its icky. :)

I've got tons of frags of my toadstool and I can make more if anyone wants any. I need to figure out how to frag my shrooms, especially the big blue one (it my fav)

-Jeff

quiksilver5768

Hey man, those toadstool frags look great. I mean if your willing to ship them i'll pay whataver price (reasonable still) for em. I dont have many frags to trade at the moment.

Archived